Do you remember those good old days when myTunes existed? Click on a person's library while AT the library, shift + scroll, click a button and BAM! Entire Radiohead catalogue ripped into your music library.
Yeah, iTunes wised up and fixed that one.
But you can still access a person's music library when connected to the same network, and I find great joy and entertainment in viewing what other people enjoy listening to. More specifically, I find great joy and entertainment in seeing things like Destiny's Child next to Dave Matthew's Band.
So in my time of procrastination here, I present a few automatic judgments I make about you and your worth as a person while viewing your musical library.
1. Country music is an automatic fail. If you're a girl, and 18, and from Arizona, I'll give you some time to fix it. If you're a boy, then I promise to only make out with you, but not actually date you (on a kind of related note that is only slightly off topic: this holds true for all of my recent hook-ups).
2. Jack Johnson and Jay-Z don't make a whole lot of sense, but I'll give you props for being well rounded.
3. Arcade Fire? Ding ding ding we have a winner.
4. Classical anthology along the lines of "Best Classical Masterpieces" or "The Most Popular CLassics"? Nice work. You are on your way to having taste.
5. Classical that includes Prokofiev, Liszt, Bach, Dvorak, or Saint-Sëans? You have my respect.
all that said, I have Nintendo songs. I fail my own test.
However, apparent love of either Rush, Genesis, or Rachmaninoff will save you.
since it matters.
since any of this matters.
okay, now that I've made the case to ignore me and my thoughts...
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm glad you like Nintendo music. You should find some geekfull delight on www.ocremix.org (assuming that you haven't).
And I came here just to see if it was your private blog. If it is, I'm a little surprised to be on the list. (In other words, you may want to tighten up security.)
I don't know who 'dance' is, but it's most certainly not my private blog :)
this is, however, a place where you'll find all sorts of crazy commentary. In fact, I find this one to be far more interesting than my private blog.
"Classical anthology along the lines of "Best Classical Masterpieces" or "The Most Popular CLassics"? Nice work. You are on your way to having taste."
Ha ha. So true.
All the guys are going to download all that music now. You know that, right Jen? :) And then they'll purposely sit even closer with their laptops constantly on...
In that case, they've already made the first move. You're job is now to have a little white board sign next to you that has the name of the computer network you're listening to music from. hahahaha :)
If they like classical music as much as Lickity, then they are on their way.
Post a Comment