Wednesday, August 3, 2011

calling all friends.

My birthday's never really been a big deal.  It's usually involved a nice dinner with my family, and maybe bowling (or something similar) with friends.  One year my mom threw a surprise party for me with a bunch of her friends.  That was neat.  [and mildly a lie.  Erika, Cam, and Whitney were there.  And some family.]

Not this year.  I want to celebrate being alive and happy and filled with future alive-ness and happiness.

We're going to begin it on Sunday, August 21.  Adele, at the Gallivan Center.  Yes, I'm aware it's a Sunday, so for those of you who don't believe in listening to beautiful music on a Sunday evening don't need to come.  I'll go by myself if I need to.  Tickets are sold out aka we have to pay 50-something dollars on Stub Hub (which is what we would have paid on Smith Tix).  It's going to be gorgeous and wonderful, and seeing as she is one of my favorite artists who has also given me hope this entire summer (or at least a lot of songs to feel sad to), I have to be there.

Tuesday, August 23.  The day of birth.  Dinner with friends.  Location forthcoming.  Leave suggestions.

Friday, August 26.  Dance party.  More specifically, Lady Gaga/Britney/Kesha dance party.  Costumes not mandatory, but preferred.  Location to be released in a more private way (just for the owner's sake, but you all love him and it's going to be freaking sweet).  I'm already doing a star for Nick's face, so let me know what glorious makeup I can do for you (but I call Bad Romance Gaga).

I can't wait to see you there enjoying great food and great friends :)

1 comment:

Kelsey Bourgeois said...

Glad to hear you want to celebrate life! Keep me posted girl... I'm dying in Utah County without your beautiful face