Sunday, November 2, 2008

truth.

There's no question that I believe firmly in the power of music. Often I'll turn to John Mayer, or Radiohead, or Muse, or Norah Jones, or Chris Martin when I need answers or perspective.

However, I find myself turning to others over and over again when the questions are more complex and the answers more difficult to find. In those moments when I desperately need peace, I move a different direction. Instead I look to this when my head is spinning, this movement when my heart hurts, the Allegretto from this brilliant work accompanies my sorrow, the third movement from this suite heals my soul, and this Adagio brings me home as a reminder of how wonderful life can be.

I know them so well. I know the men that created them so well. I only wish the answers came as easily.

1 comment:

Drew said...

The 2nd movement in the 2nd Rach concerto is one of my favorite pieces of all time. It's actually the most played song in my library. Haha. Lame, I know.