The last few days have been sloooooooow. It's proof and a further reminder that I actually LIKE being busy. I like having things to do. I like going to work and to pilates and practicing with my partner. And I miss all of that. Just a few more days and then I can start easing all of that back into my life.
So the quick update is pretty basic: surgery went well, no complications, and it's going to take a few months for things to, errrr, calm down, but I think I'm going to be very happy.
And not embarrassed or shy at all...
I even managed to shower and dry my hair all by myself today - progress!
My doctor told me there was a chance I'd be a little depressed after surgery, just because everything is so out of whack for a while, and I see what he meant. You go through all of this build up and anticipation only to get immense pain and swelling on the other side. Not to mention the intense hormones that are going all psycho right now. A couple of you have been really good about reminding me that things are going to get better the further removed from surgery I am, and I thank you for that. I'm sorry that it's all-consuming right now. A few more weeks and it'll be like it never happened!
.....right?
Thanks to my dad for being my nurse and to all of my friends and family who've been by to visit or who've left me text and voice messages. It means a lot.
I really have no idea how I wrote this as I'm fighting to keep my eyes open and my finger typing. Silly pain killers.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment