hey there kids - I meant to do this a few days ago, but work and life have been stressful and so instead of writing I've been eating my feelings and I promise that I'm going to go to my pilates class that's in 6 hours.
BUT.
Cool things are happening!
1. I'm officially a ghost writer! Someone wants me to write as if I were a teenager! It's awesome! Really though - it is. I'm writing for a local (to Utah) organization called Utah's Teen Icon, started by fellow pageant alumni (alumna? female form anyone?) Stacie Kingdon. I get to write using the voices of several different girls, which is an interesting combination of fiction and nonfiction. You might remember that I absolutely positively hate loathe suck at writing fiction. This is a good compromise, because a lot of these things are based on my experience, or experience of those I know, and they're still technically "essays"... even if they're not MY essays. It's been such a fun thing to do, and I can't wait to continue. Clicky clicky for my first ever entry. It's just a tad fitting. I mean, I'm currently listening to Taylor Swift, and I'm still angsty, and sometimes I still wish I were a teenager, so really I'm just getting out my potential for living through a theoretical child. [yeah. that sentence makes no sense. oh well.] Oh, and I'm pretty sure Taylor Lautner was in my dream last night - which also makes no sense because I'm purely a Vampire Diaries girl.
2. I'm also the ambassador for the Fashion Place Personal Stylists to the wonderful world of Pinterest and Polyvore. I've basically been doing this sort of thing for quite some time, but now I get to put my employer's name next to it.
Polyvore
Twitter
Pinterest
Facebook
Confused by all the different names for each social medium? Yeah, me too. My real reason for linking to them here is so that I can actually find them tomorrow, because I'm sure I'll forget where they are.
They're fresh, and seem a little sparse - but trust me when I say those boards so far are a result of about three hours of work. Not that it takes me that long to put outfits together, but it does take me that long to upload a bajillion pieces from Nordstrom.com to polyvore. And then I realized that a lot of it wouldn't necessarily work how I want it to, so I had to head back and find unique pieces for each look. It's going to be especially fun because this is sort of my way of fashion blogging (we all know how much I hate that - unless it's going to involve a blog that might feature my favorite J. Oliver in the potential future) without actually fashion blogging. It also gives me an opportunity to be even stronger with my job.
Finally, it is a little peek into what working with a stylist is like. I do all the work for you. You just sit there and try it on and then go look fabulous while you receive four thousand compliments about how that "entire look is just so perfect". and everything I know I learned from Tina Christensen, Cindy Speters, Amy Wolf, and Whitney Tanner. But really... this is what my life is: researching for hours outside of work, knowing trends, learning terms that you learn in design school, and then interpreting it for you.
So check it out! Like it! Re-pin! Tell your friends! I have to report back to my boss and my boss' boss and probably her boss too! Please! only slight desperation here folks.
3. April 19th. The day of happiness. The day my life changes. Kind of. Wait, you want to know what it is? Eh, you're going to have to wait for that until after the commercial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Seriously Jen, is there anything you can't do? Love the ghost writing!
Okay, I'll be the nerdy grammarian.
alumnus = male singular
alumni = plural (male, or mixed)
alumna = female singular
alumnae = plural (female only)
Glad you get to do so much cool stuff!
Post a Comment