Sleep should be happening, but my mind is really busy tonight with thoughts of conference and pageants and frustrations. Sleep will happen eventually, but what I wish I could do right now is go dance.
Cliched as it may be, a partially dark room, and a gorgeous piece of music, and the freedom to just move is such a phenomenal way to relieve stress and work through the various problems and situations that arise. Someday I'm going to have to stop dancing - sad, but true - and I will miss it. For now, however, I'm insanely lucky.
My dance partner is a saint. Anytime someone asks who I'm dancing with, and I say Mike McShinsky, I add, "Yeah - I know... I SCORED".
So Michael, thanks for dancing with me. I'm a bit of a trial to dance with because I'm a workaholic who has insane hours, so practicing can get complicated, but I feel so privileged to dance with you. We've competed once, and performed at the teen pageant last night, and things are still really rough, but I cannot wait to see where our hard work takes us.
And Mayo - we will make you proud. Promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Jen
We are looking for a political writer for our online column. If you feel you are interested let me know via Twitter: @Sexual_Politics this the online column:http://sexual-politics.tumblr.com
We hope you'll give it some thought!
Keep in touch!
Post a Comment