Today was National Coming Out Day. Did you know that? I didn't, until just a little bit ago. I sort of hate that we live in a world where we need to have a national day to remember something, because it's something we should always have with us. Like Easter - we should always remember Jesus' atonement for us, every day. Or Father's/Mother's Day - why are our parents not celebrated for giving us life every day? Or my favorite of all, Valentine's Day - what a marketing waste. You should always express love, and you should express it candidly, not because it's en vogue.
But unfortunately people aren't always good to each other. They forget to be kind and loving and appreciative, and whether or not the holidays are the crutch, a crutch they are for our forgetfulness.
So tonight, I'm thinking about the people that I love - friends - who have to face living in a world that doesn't always accept them. We live in a complicated time and place, and I don't know all of the answers, and I certainly can't give you an adequate reconciliation of everything. But what I do know is that as a Christian, I need to love my fellow man and leave judgment to God who knows far more and is far more perfect than I.
I'm Jen Gulbrandsen. I'm a Mormon. I'm straight. And I support equality regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. You're beautiful in your way, because God makes no mistakes.
Rejoice and love yourself today - you were born to be brave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment