Tuesday, April 6, 2010

problematique

Muse was good.  Why?

+Matthew Bellamy is a classical pianist.
+They're total prog rock, which I love unconditionally (that means you, Queen).
+They don't talk much.  Shut up and play is exactly right.
+They play extremely well.  A lot of hipsters are anti Muse, but I'd take Muse's growing popularity over hipster crooners who are only good in studio.  I love a band that sounds better live.
+Plug in Baby.
+Sam, Jared, Joanna, new friend Stacey, Ryan, and Emily.  Great company.
+who doesn't want to smell like cheap weed?

drawbacks:
-not enough piano.  no Chopin.  no pseudo-Rachmaninoff interlude.  Wuss.
-Jolly Green Giant in front of me who had hair like a Loreal commercial, only sweatier because you're worth it.
-it was snowing as we ran from car to venue, and then venue to car.
-no Jansen.
-No Butterflies and Hurricanes. 
-Blonde woman of questionable morals (this is for you, Whitney and Samantha) bearing a striking resemblance to the older sister of a boy I lived on the same street as in high school.  Let's just say she wanted her male companion to enjoy the song Supermassive Black Hole.  Could it be her?  After all, her look-a-like is in her thirties and I thought she was married with kids but..... After a little bit of investigation, all signs point to it actually being her, which probably makes this less of a drawback and more of an awesome find.

fun night, right?

it was.

I have fallen victim to a popular problem at BYU: lack of academic freedom.  This, along with the impending doom I have upon me in two of my classes has left me extremely disheartened this morning.  Complete it with a blistering headache and the realization that six weeks is a really long time and my concert high is gone.

1 comment:

C. said...

You can do it! I know everyone wants your blood at the end of the semester but you can survive. Also, when I was a younger woman than I am now, I used to be a bit of a party animal, and when Supermassive Black Hole (a.k.a The Stripper Song) came on in the club, I would dance on this pole. It wasn't a pole dancing pole, and I'm not a pole dancer, but you get the picture. Don't judge me.