Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I blog when I'm procrastinating.

Harold Frederic and his religious theory are getting obnoxious right now (which is nothing compared to say, law school and civil procedure, but it's my blog and I'll complain if I want to), so reading about the stupidity of Mormon men makes so much more sense. Thanks to a perfect friend for the tip, you should all head here, increase their stats (ugh, who cares anymore), and see if you can figure out which comment is mine. Shouldn't be too tough.

I'm not sure how I feel about this place, yet. Is it real? I'm not sure. It sounds an awful lot like a woman impersonating a man. Or maybe it's just an English major dude who's sick of writing about, well...things like Harold Frederic's religious theory, in which case, I can't exactly indict him because sometimes we all need a creative outlet. However, the ridiculous notions rampant throughout the entire blog are so whack (to steal perfect friend's term), I can't help but laugh.

Besides, it brings up a good point. I've not spoken much about what I did back at the end of May (in fact, I've only made reference to it 11 times in 5 months of blogging and essay writing--props if you catch the references, most of them are really subtle. Besides, I deleted the really angry ones after my dad called and said, "That's not very classy"), but obviously I did SOMETHING. And I was the one that did it. I cut the cord because I didn't want to hurt for longer than necessary. I'd like to think that made the healing process go more quickly for the both of us (not that it was quick, mind you).

Sometimes you just have to let them down really hard initially, no matter the stage of the relationship (casual dating or close to engaged).

The truth hurts, but peeling the band-aid, hair for hair, hurts far more.

11 comments:

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

I'm pretty sure you just called me a girl.

I just double-checked and you're wrong.

Jen said...

No. I called your writing effeminate. And then acknowledged that you're probably just a bored dude and looking for a way to let out your boredom.

But last time I checked you still don't know how to break up with a girl.

Just sayin, buddy, just sayin.

Jen said...

p.s. Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet. I didn't call you names or insult your intelligence. I think some of your stories a bit off, but that's part of the fun of anonymous blogging anyway. Props for all the attention. But why are you so worried about what I think, anyway?

Jansen Gunther said...

@ Mormon Bachelor Pad: If a blog post raises the question of gender identity in your mind enough to double-check, consider triple-checking. And definitely seek a professional opinion.

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Sarcasm doesn't translate well. My comment was supposed to be a subtle jab at myself.

buruboi: FYI... The more I check, the more I want to keep checking. That's probably MORE of a problem.

Jen said...

Dear MBP,

I still find your blog a bit ridiculous, but at least you have a sense of humor. So here's the question. If you're so sure about your gender, why do you use lame excuses in breaking up with a girl? You seem to be a fairly witty guy and witty people tend to be intelligent. So why all the unnecessary drama?

Is this a habit of yours, following up with all commentary on your blog? That's quite a service, "Jake".

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Actually, this is "Calvin". You probably haven't read enough of our blog to know that it's penned by two separate individuals.

I'm notified of websites that provide a link to our blog and I DO try to acknowledge those sites who are complimentary. I also try to acknowledge not so complimentary sites and I try to do so in a neutral manner.

I'm more than happy to take turns with you and buruboi in making fun of me or Jake. If you'd like, I can even tell you embarrassing things about me that no one else knows to make things easier.

Thanks, Jen. Your constructive criticism is appreciated.

-Calvin

Jen said...

Ahh, I know that you both write for it, but since I'm specifically referencing that particular story, I assumed Jake was following up. I figured you found me through a site tracker (I use one as well). Just surprised because you're probably busy with internet follow up most days, since I gather you crazy kids are causing a stir in the BYU dating scene. Maybe not the same stir that occurred with Why Mormon Girls Stay Single, but internet notoriety certainly is fun.

But don't fret. As fun as it is to make fun of an individual on the internet (wait a second...), I promise I'm not the bitch I appear to be ;)

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

That's not as comforting as it probably should have been. I think genuine bitches (not the pretend ones) and so much more interesting and are always more fun to roll around with.

Oh well.

-Calvin

Jen said...

Dear Calvin,

I try to avoid rolling around with strange men I only know through internet association. Just on principle.

Truly,

Jen

Jansen Gunther said...

@ MBP: in addition to seeking a professional opinion on your gender identity, please seek professional help in general.