Once upon a time, my parents taught me to stay above the gossip and the rumor mill and the petty activities that humans often participate in. Sometimes it can be hard--you want to be part of something, you want to think that you have news worth sharing, that your information will pave your path to acceptance.
But time and experience have proven that participation in those negative and immature activities, in addition to involving yourself with individuals who have such personality traits, only hurts. It's just not worth it.
Here's what I have to say to you.
I'm not a bitter person. I'm busy. I'm dating girl. I'm a humanities major. I'm a dancer. I'm a loyal friend. I'm a nerd. I'm a kind person. I'm trying to be like Jesus. I'm a writer. I am SO much more than this little hobby of mine. I really could not care less about these silly things, because in five years I'll be in such a different place and state of mind, all of this will be ridiculously juvenile to the point of embarrassment.
Besides.
My parents raised me with class. I'm not going to be rude. I'm not going to behave as a child who didn't get the lead in the school production of The Wizard of Oz. Trying to deface my character in front of those who know me well doesn't reflect poorly on my character.
It reflects poorly upon yours.
Thanks Mom and Dad.
Snaps.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't know what has been said, but it's clearly wrong if people are labeling you as only a pageant girl -- (that's what I'm inferring from this?). We wouldn't be friends if you were. Tell them to shove it.
Post a Comment