The feeling of restlessness is now turning into an ache. I ache to be in a city, in an urban environment. I ache to be around people who are constantly moving, who are using the metro or a subway to get there, and who only stop to eat but at least each meal is a great gathering. I ache to be surrounded by strangers who do the most interesting things, even just when commuting to work. I ache to be near the Met and the MoMA and Park Avenue. At this point, I even ache to just be living at the upper 90s and Broadway. I don't even care. I just need to be able to go to work, and to go take class from Darcy Kistler after work, and to spend my days off writing in the park. I ache to be on my own, meeting an entirely new group of people, forging my pathway independent of anyone who knew me before.
I mean it when I say ache. My heart literally hurts for it. I don't know how it happened, but I am an urban, city girl and my body and my mind need to be there to find the balance I'm seeking.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment