Saturday, February 4, 2012

tales.

Sometimes after work I get really sleepy, and that gigantic bed that I have seems too inviting, and my junk drawer and never-ending supply of DP in the garage fridge provide adequate sustenance, and the computer and big screen on the wall keep me entertained... and I pass out.  At 8 pm.  Only to awake around 2 am with my contacts in and my clothing all on and makeup smears on the pillow and drool everywhere.

Yes, it's gross.  But when sleep happens, drool happens.  It is what it is.  

That is sort of what happened tonight.  But it was more along the lines of taking 6 ibuprofen so the pains in my tummy would go away, and sans food or drink, although I did watch an episode of PR: Allstars, in which Austin Scarlett was glorious.  Unfortunately I wasn't feeling so hot tonight, so Miss Amy (this amazing woman with whom I work who has also quickly become one of my dearest friends) and I couldn't go to the symphony.  She was supposed to be my date, but I had to bail, and now I'm a little sad about it.

This has very little purpose.

I've eaten too many fruit snacks to think or write coherently anymore.

Today one of our co-workers commented that I'm going to end up going off to some big city really soon and do amazing things.  I sure hope so.

But I'm going to love life while I'm here.  My friends, and my family, and my dog who snores so much I don't get any sleep, and my job, and my love for all things fattening create a pretty wonderful existence that I'm extraordinarily lucky to have.  So thanks for being a part of it.  You're all pretty neat and make my life a whole lot neater.

Neat!

No comments: