Sunday, March 22, 2009

okay, I guess I'll give it to you.

And evil takes a human form in Regina George*. Don't be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but in reality, she's so much more than that.

*insert applicable name here*

My parents raised me right. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Play nice and play fair. Never speak about someone in a way that, if they found out, would make you feel somewhat ashamed. Always compliment those that beat you and win graciously. Even if you don't like someone, SUCK IT UP and be mature. I try and employ all of these adages as often as I can, but every once in a while, I want to lose my cool and slap somebody. Since I was not the popular, pretty girl in high school, I learned to keep composure when I saw some of those mean girls treat someone (sometimes me, sometimes a friend, sometimes a total stranger) poorly, a skill that has proven useful within my endeavors in dance/pageants/theater/etc. But I've decided that I've been introduced to one who is meant to test my resolve and patience.

You all know one. The girl that somehow manages to command that odd fear--you might have even feared her once yourself, until one day you saw the light and realized what she was all about, which is most likely very little. For a time I was oddly intimidated. I couldn't understand why, I just knew that there was one element that she had that I didn't and it drove me nuts. It took a good friend to slap me silly and then I woke up and BOOM! Suddenly it seemed so juvenile to have ever given her that much credit and at the end of the day, I stood tall, grateful that I hadn't succumbed to the ridiculous antics and immature behavior she was displaying.

The point of this is that I try my hardest to be kind and nice, not because it's a chore, but because I participate in some complicated activities where one false step is the death of you and where naysayers actively probe for character faults. So I put up with it. I'm not buddy-buddy with her. I don't pretend that we're "OMG BFF!!!!". But I'm cordial. Nice even. I converse in a way to boost her self-esteem because life is too short to be catty.

That said.

Dear Regina*,

If you're going to delete me as a facebook friend, don't forget to also delete my boyfriend, especially since I use his account more than he does.

Love,

The girl who is probably giving you the exact kind of attention that you want.

*OBVIOUSLY not her real name*




{anyone willing to place bets on how long it takes my dad to text me and tell me to take this down/edit it?}

4 comments:

Dad said...

I'll bet $100 he doesn't!

Dad

PS: Are you going to pay up?

camille said...

Have I told you that i like your blog?

Stef said...

Jen, I love you. I miss you a ton so I love that I have this blog to keep me up to date with your life. Oh, and did I mention that I love that it keeps me laughing too! It took me until my 30's to stop giving Regina's of the world the power so I commend that you have learned so early in life!

Michelle said...

Dear Jen,

I MISS YOUR FREAKING GUTS!
+ I love your blog
+ I need a major update on your life.
+ Are you still in my ward?
+ Call me very soon indeed!

Love, Michelle