Which is quite a shame, considering Evan Lysacek had a phenomenal performance and is the first man from the United States to win the World title since 1996, when Todd Eldredge won (and when I first began skating. Crazy).
Even more reason, though, is the new phenom who is probably one of my favorite skaters I've ever seen. Her name is YuNa Kim and she is the first Korean woman to win gold and she is fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of parts of her choreography (I'd love to see more than just throwing her arms down as she curls her back), but she has a beautiful presence on the ice and quite frankly is skating in a whole different category than all the other women. Unless something insane happens, I can't see anyone beating her in Vancouver in less than a year at the Olympics (and you all know how much I love the Olympics!).
Here's her Long Program from this weekend. Truthfully, Scheherazade will always belong to Michelle Kwan (and interesting that she chose a similar dress...), but this was quite beautiful. Enjoy.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment