Monday, March 17, 2008

Whoo--what a weekend. I didn't even dance, but spending your entire life in one massive dome is strangely exhausting. Sitting in the Marriott Center, you kind of forget that the world is moving on without you. Without natural light, looking at the clock and realizing that you've been sitting in the same position for the last 4 hours is pretty common. But who am I kidding, I love DanceSport.

It was so much fun that Erika was there because her adorable daughter Peyton competed in a few events (and did really well! She looks so great!). I just feel badly that I left her sitting alone at times! We talked about the idiosyncricies of ballroom: the hair, the makeup, the skin, the costumes, how much they really get away with at BYU.

It's fun to sit there and learn from some of the nation's best. At nationals they do what's called Battle of the Champions where they bring in the top 4 professionals in either latin or standard who compete in a showdance category and in 5-dance. It is such a treat to see Urs and Agnes up close...they are so incredible! In addition, we got to see this (SO WORTH WATCHING):

No comments: