Monday, September 10, 2012

undead instead.

Yesterday morning I woke myself up because I audibly said, "hello" to the person calling me on the phone.  In my dream.  Because - don't worry - this person didn't actually call me.  And then I did it again last night - except the person was calling me, and in my dream I answered and had a full conversation... but in real life no phone answering actually occurred.

[did you follow all of that???]

No one ever believes me when I say I'm a weird sleeper with crazy dreams and sleeping habits.  

When in school I'd have zombie dreams at least once a month - and usually about once a week when I got really stressed.  Those involved running away from something constantly, never being able to quite make it to safety, and watching as the entire world crumbled around me.  I'd have my little hiding place that would be my safety zone for a short time, but then something would force me out of the safety and all happiness was lost.  But I never actually got caught or died in these, which is about as hopeful as a zombie dream can get.

Recently I've been rotating between two different dreams: thousands and thousands of dollars in returns at work or being back at Miss Utah, and I'm not sure which is worse.  The first is always surrounded by a massive sale, which means massive goals, and I'm massively stressed the entire time helping clients and balancing sales and putting things away.  And each time I sell something, that return number just gets higher and higher (in case you were unaware, I work off of commission).  The second dream began occurring about a year ago, just after I was officially finished with the pageanting.  It's always just before a different event at Miss Utah, either swimsuit or evening gown, and I am never ready.  My makeup isn't done, and it usually involves some lack of hair extensions and the scramble to find said hair extensions, and I've never actually ended up going on stage before waking up.  Basically I rotate between these two stressful situations consistently in my REM cycle, and I'm never good enough.

And if the last few days are any indication, it looks like I now have phantom phone calls to add to my dreams that are basically mocking my also not being good enough.

At least in the zombie dreams I managed to stay ahead of the suckers.  Can I have those back?

No comments: