Sunday, December 4, 2011

oh Hi!

Loooooooong week.  Yes, I work retail, and yes it's exhausting sometimes, and yes I wore 5-inch heels for far too long all week.  But it was a good week, and for all of my complaining once 11:00 pm came and I was STILL at work, I know that I'm a lucky gal.  Got to do some really amazing things, and made some cool new friends, and wrote some fun pieces that might open up a new branch of what I do at work.

Spoke on the phone with someone tonight about how we are never content, for whatever reason, whether it's from society or in our genes or our desire to have pretty clothes and cars and houses.  But it never ends, does it?

I'm hoping that I can take some time over the next couple of weeks and try to evaluate how to move forward in my life and find a little more contentment.  I don't want to settle at all, but I don't want to never find that which brings happiness.

Can I just say that I really like talking with people who push me a little?  Validation is nice every once in a while, but the person who knows how to help you grow while still making you feel important and wonderful is a rare person.  And I really appreciate it - so thank you.

No comments: