Thursday, July 28, 2011

edge of glory.

Summer of Dreams 2011 is continuing in fine fashion.  Bad Decisions Weekend was a great success, and let's face it, the supposed-bad-decisions that we made were actually really great decisions.  I'm so blessed, I don't even really know how to adequately express it.  The summer had a mild hiccup in the middle that was actually a crater of a hiccup in my life, and thankfully I've rekindled friendships and made new ones that are reminding me that God does indeed take care of us.  I always know that - it's just that during the darkest time of our struggles it's easy to wonder why He lets things happen.

Despite my contentedness, I still don't really understand.  Out of respect and privacy for the situation, I'm never going to give you the full details (sorry), but what I can say is that I really miss this person and I don't know why they are gone.  Other situations have found resolution and I feel comfortable enough with myself and the past to move forward happily, and hopefully as friends (whenever the other party is ready, I am too).  This particular friendship has been such a beautiful and rewarding one, and to have its endings still a complete mystery to me is a bit maddening.

Like I said above, God does take care of us.  And I don't get it.  But to my friend, you know that I love you unconditionally.  And I miss you.  And I'll always be here.

Readers, I sure hope you're having a great summer of friendship and family and fireworks.  If it's not, I hope you're at peace with why it's not.  Keep on fighting.  You'll get there.  And I'm here if you need someone.  Heaven knows I rely on all of you; the least I can do is be an empathetic ear every once in a while.

No comments: