Do you know anyone who is okay with being considered foolish? One would assume that individuals would avoid the dunce cap and cross-eyed look, but human nature dictates that if we don't learn from experiences and push our behavior forward into a more learned and appropriate state, then...well... don't we sort of deserve what we get?
What makes this so difficult sometimes is that we have all of this ingrained behavior from our youth, and the learned behavior is tough to overcome once we become knowledgeable enough to realize that it's stupid behavior.
Why else would we constantly allow ourselves to make the same mistake five thousand times? To give a weakness permission to run the course of our existence. To be content with the cyclical process. To accept less than we deserve.
I wish I could tell you everything and expose what gnaws at my skin (besides the fact that it's 18 days post-sunburn and I'm still peeling), but I'm still in the process of accepting it. I've seen it in so many other people as I've observed on the periphery, and I have no problem recognizing it in them. The difficulty for me is that it's not exactly a bad thing. Like a lot of traits, it's probably just a little rough when allowed some measure of excess and control.
Remember my boxes?
I've become really adept at categorizing, labeling, and utilizing them appropriately, if I'm allowed to say that out loud.
But I don't want to categorize or label or utilize a box for this.
It defeats the purpose, and I refuse to live a life out of a sometimes-full container that is depleted more than it's replaced.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment