Today, December 22, is the day we celebrate the birth of a certain Ms. Erika Munson. Many of you know her - she's a pretty extraordinary person. We first met when I was 17 years old and she convinced me to compete at the national competition. I still see her sitting in the embroidered chair in our living room, sitting across from my mom on the red couch, talking very cautiously about how competing at Miss Utah could be fun, but imagine competing at nationals! Some of us are close to our pageant friends: there are a few that are very dear to me. But Erika has become so much more. She is an interesting combination of sister, mother, friend, aunt, and mentor. I don't know what I would do without her. I'm a better person for knowing her and I hope that one day I can be the kind of woman, wife, and mother that she is.
Happy birthday! I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment