Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dear BYU Housing

I'm really glad that you chose to deny my housing waiver.  After all, my living situation is dangerous to a BYU student.  Living with an active LDS family who regularly has family prayer and scripture study that I participate in is no atmosphere for a BYU student; we're supposed to pretend to do it with roommates who hate us.  Also, the house has thin walls, so you can always hear when people have company - imagine the noise!  No one can ever get to sleep early if there are boys in the house - you always hear them!  Besides, the father is a landlord and has had BYU housing before.  He's already used to enforcing the honor code...he's sick of doing it!  Finally, I'm glad you're recognizing my frustration with former housing situations.  You're just being a messenger of God, aren't you?  Forcing me to overcome a weakness and make it a strength.  Thank you so much!  I am sooooo lucky to have an extra set of parental guidance and advice.  You're also trying to help me overcome that other pesky little thing that's been bothering me, aren't you?  What do you do when a kid is scared of war?  Send him to the front lines!  Your mantra, right?  Thank you, oh so much.

Love,

Me

p.s. I'm not moving.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow. That is really lame. I shouldn't say this, but some people just give BYU a fake address... of course if they investigated you'd probably get in a lot of trouble. Andrew says there's a non-compliance fee that is negligible, but still. That's pathetic.
If you do decide to come into the fold however (hehe) I would suggest the FLSR. I LOVED it there because you had a very particular group of people who have lived abroad and traveled and who are aware of other places and mindsets than their own. Great place to live. But you have to speak another language--good time to learn Arabic!

Drew said...

Dirty savages.