My family has received some very sobering news and I may not have any medical experience or a pageant title or WHATEVER, but please please please, visit this website for a simple overview of breast cancer. Regardless of your family history, it's important to know the signs, how to check for lumps, and what you can do to be proactive against cancer.
If you do have a family history, I want to encourage you to actively check yourself once a month and after 21, start talking to your doctor about ultrasounds, and then mammograms. If you're thirty, ignore the silly regulations that say you don't need a mammogram and get one at least every other year, and if your insurance will cover it, yearly. Guess what - women under the age of 40 and 50 can and DO get breast cancer. And I'm sick of people assuming you're too young for it. That's how it ends up in the III or IV stage before it's detected.
I'm not a doctor, but this issue is extremely close to me.
We're not invincible.
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment