While in the city I carried around this beautiful journal in the hopes that I'd be inspired with a little nugget here and there, but I didn't expect all of the little phrases that constantly popped into my head. Part of the reason I plan on being there after graduation is for grad school. But I am a people watcher. It's not that I have all of these random encounters (although, I certainly had a few memorable ones), it's that I jot down one of the defining characteristics of a memorable person I spied on the subway or in a dance class or in Crumbs and I create what I believe is their life story in my head. I'm desperate for more people watching.
I'm also desperate for more Crumbs and Shake Shack and dance classes at Steps. And Natalie and Kelly. And Shake Shack.
For all of the wonderful things Provo, Utah has to offer (and there are certainly many), there are things even more lovely for my writer's brain.
2 more years.
That's it.
I can make it.
Luckily I have a good amount of material to write about. Perhaps not enough to last 2 years, but hopefully enough to keep me going until an internship next year.
If only I could get some Shake Shack...
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment