Thursday, April 16, 2009

what do I take?

So I don't know if I've stated this in an online forum, but I'm trying out for the Dance major in the fall. I will remain a Humanities major, therefore I'm going to be a double major. It's going to be intense and a lot of work, but I love both of the disciplines too much to let one get away from me. But it makes scheduling extremely complicated. I'm nervous about not taking ballet during spring and summer because there's no way I would get into the dance major on ballroom alone and if I'm not taking a class with grades, I won't progress. I'm also going to be auditioning for the ballet performance company in August, so there again--without classes including barre and pointe work, I won't be prepared and this could be my only year to perform with the ballet company.

But I'm sick of not having a humanities course. I didn't have one this last semester and it drove me nuts. I attribute a lot of my inability to write to the lack of inspiration I'm feeling. Even dreamt about it last night.

Need.More.Art.Philosophy.Literature.Sculpture.PrettyThings.Stuff.That.Makes.Life.Worth.Living.

But even still, I have to start my language core. And yes, there's always the option of auditing, but if I want to move into 490 in the fall, then I need 2 terms of 390/391.

And let's not forget the fact that I desperately need a job (or two).

Help?

No comments: