It's always fun to reconnect with friends that you haven't seen for a while, and yet another perk of the new digs is that I'm really close to one of my good friends from high school/freshman year.
Early Saturday morning, after 3 hours of sleep, I hurried over to the Tanner's at about 7:30, ready for an awesome day of boating. Last year I got to go to Lake Powell with them which was one of the most fun vacations I've ever had, and unfortunately this year's Lake Powell trip was the weekend before Miss Utah and I had to miss it. I'm so glad that they invited me to go along with them yesterday! The Tanner family has been so sweet to me, not only have they let me crash at their place when I've been homeless, but I get to go along with them to family excursions and for a day I get to be a Tanner :)
Matt kept unbuttoning his shirt all the way down past his chest...hence the nickname Fabio. Minus the chest hair.
I don't care what anybody said, that water was FREEZING and you did NOT get warmer the longer you were in there.
This may or may not be Leslie and it may or may not be my favorite wakeboarding photo of all time. [she's gonna kill me for this]
Whitney's awesome and didn't even complain about the water at all.
Melissa's pretty dang good
This isn't where it occurred, but poor Melissa ended up flying off the tube later in the day and finished up with a concussion.
My first time wakeboarding was last year at Lake Powell with the Tanner's, this was my second.
Proof that I might be able to do some sporty things.
Tubing with Wayne is always a life and death experience.
Then it was to the BYU game in the extreme heat. I'm currently watching the game against WA, and we had better get it together for the second half. As Drew says, I have no faith.
I don't deal well with heat and sweat.
Behold, the strained ankle, yet again. It held up well through ballroom auditions all week, thankfully.

1 comment:
It's true, no faith. But I tell you what, I never doubted that we would win, but I sure got awfully frustrated during the game. You should have seen our crew. John was going crazy. Even crazier than I was. But Lance was just sitting all calmly on the couch. And Lindsey was trying to check John's pulse, or some other kind of nursey kind of thing. It was a sight to behold.
Post a Comment