Saturday, August 16, 2008

not feeling so hot.

Something is going around and I've got it, however, it means that I'm home to receive text messages and then post the information. As I said a few days ago, I've got some friends out in Orlando right now and guess what I've got...a Top Ten list from MAOT!

California (Prelim Fitness)
Pennsylvania
Arkansas (Prelim T/EG)
Missouri
South Carolina
District of Columbia
Texas (Prelim T/EG)
Oklahoma (Prelim T)
Maryland (Prelim Fitness)
Virginia

Unfortunately I don't know much about any of the girls because I have not been there, but based of off photos I've seen, my top five is: California, Arkansas, DC, Texas, and Oklahoma with either California, Arkansas, or Oklahoma as my best guesses for a winner.

But I'm not there...so take my picks for what they're worth!

Congratulations to McKenna on an incredible showing the entire week. It's hard to believe that 3 years ago I was in Orlando competing on that stage. There is no experience quite like a national competition. It's long, tiring, nerve wracking, difficult...but it's also exciting, fun, and an incredible honor. It's an amazing opportunity to compete amongst the best in the country and I was extraordinarily blessed to come home with some wonderful awards.

Also, a thank you to the director, Amy Rasmussen. I have no doubt that I would not have placed well had it not been for Erika, and it's even more wonderful that she and I remain really close friends. Amy has worked so hard and had done such an amazing job!

I'm really indebted to the organization, not just for the scholarship and the experience, but for the push it gave me to compete in the MAO system.

If my friends keep me in the loop, I'll post top 5/winner results.

2 comments:

Stef said...

Thanks Jen! I love that I can come to your blog and know that it will keep me up to date with the world. You ROCK!!!

The Rasmussen Family said...

awe...thanks for the shout out! I wish you would have been there too!!!!