In my Theory and Criticism class, we are each in charge of class discussion for one class period. I heard Nietzsche and raised my hand as fast as I could. Then I discovered that it was an article: Foucault on Nietzsche.
Here's the thing.
Friedrich and I are pals. He's the reason I stuck with the Humanities major and he was also my first "rebellious" literature (oh to be ignorant again). He's hard, but I get him. In that way Rachmaninoff is hard - it takes some work, and sometimes it hurts a little bit, and I may have to change up some of the fingering because my hands are smaller, but in the end.... I get it.
Michele on the other hand?
Yeah, not so much. I've decided that part of being smart is knowing which philosopher you get, sticking with that one, and avoiding the philosopher who makes your head spin.
The other one to join that club recently? Freud. I'm sorry - I thought I knew what The Uncanny was and then suddenly, NOPE I'M DUMB.
Anyway, the point is this. My teacher decided that instead of the Foucault article, we were going to read another Nietzsche piece. YEEEESSSSSSS.
I'm so going to find a way to get Nietzsche baptized in the next life.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love Foucault! I also like Nietzsche, but not as much as Michel. Sorry.
Post a Comment