The setting: I'm in my bed that doesn't have sheets on it because I forgot to dry my whites, my macbook on my lap, still working because tomorrow (today?) is D-Day, when suddenly Whitney does her characteristic shuffling around in bed followed by...
"I know...right?"
This is pretty typical. Whitney talks in her sleep. And laughs in her sleep. And I LOVE it. I have a hard time falling asleep, whereas Whitney conks out like a freaking log the second she shuts her eyes, so I always get to hear her sweet mutterings and giggles. However, this is the first time I've decided to document it because it was just so freaking funny.
"Even much much much much much more. Did you see it? Did you? Did you see the work I did?"
[two months ago, this would have been, "¡mucho mucho mucho mucho mucho mas!"]
[two months ago, this would have been, "¡mucho mucho mucho mucho mucho mas!"]
This is where I decided to answer her.
"Did I see what, Whitney?"
"Did you see the roof? The work I did on the roof?"
"....the roof??"
"YES, the roof!"
"Ummm...no?"
This is where I start laughing and cackling because it's just so damn funny.
"Jen, you know what they say about people who laugh alone."
:....huh?"
"Craaaaazy!"
"Haha okay. Wait...are you awake?"
"Yes I'm awake"
"...are you sure? How long have you been awake for?"
"Since I started talking."
More laughter.
"Okay, Whitney"
"You did the funniest thing in your sleep the other night, Jen"
"Oh really? What did I do?"
I vaguely remember waking up this morning at the butt crack of dawn with Whitney's alarm that goes off at 6 (she has class at 7) and deliriously saying, "What day is it?" so I assumed that's what she was talking about.
"You said the pizza. You were worried about being mad at ... at .... at Miss America. Because my forehead is sweaty and I wanted to leave. And the roof that's on top of our house. *unintelligible*.
*ZOOOOOONK*
This is easily my favorite night of our friendship, thus far. Stay tuned for our reaction videos to Miley's Can't be Tamed, and Gaga's Bad Romance.

No comments:
Post a Comment