Now, I recognize that not all people who play online games *COUGHWorldofWarcraftCOUGH* get addicted, but a lot of them do. A LOT OF THEM. More than you may realize. One of your best friends? You may not know this, but she had an account for quite some time and spent a good amount of time playing.
To be quite honest, World of Warcraft affected my life...I never expected it to, but it was pretty significant and after a while I really began to resent it. As I said, not everyone will be addicted. Games like this aren't inherently bad. It's just that it is so easy to get sucked into it.
This article makes me feel a heck of a lot better about my stance on this sort of thing (and let's be honest, seeing the term MMORPG in the Ensign is freaking hilarious).
That said, I believe this pertains to all Internet use, and I am guilty of internet addiction. I'm going to formulate a few goals, letting go of some of my addiction in favor of better things.
Like sleep.
And making procrastination movies by myself (oooooh, just you wait and see!).
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment