that somewhere along the way, I became one of "those" blogger/journal-ers. It's not for lack of ideas. And it's certainly not for lack of desire. It's simply lack of time and sometimes just the sheer energy to think. I've said this to a few friends and I'll say it here, I genuinely believe that I have kissed my 8-hours-of-sleep-a-night GOODBYE. I can count on one hand this entire semester when I've slept more than 6 hours and I think I'm going to try and get myself down to 5 hours. No, it's not particularly healthy or smart, but guys, I have no choice.
3 hours of piano, 2 hours of exercise, 3-6 hours of study, driving time, quick meals, wardrobe fittings, appearances, time spent on platform, and various meetings and an occasional shower or two and I am OUT OF TIME.
The worst part in all of this is that, like Hillary, I am conceding defeat (although, my comparison to her is a happy one for my voting heart). However, my willingness to do it before people start dissecting every area of my life (okay, fine, the connection ship is sinking) makes it somewhat of a triumph. A triumph over laziness. A triumph over procrastination. A triumph over, dare I say, human necessity!
Why am I doing this? I think back to last year in my preparation for Miss Utah. I wasn't going to school spring term and I certainly wasn't doing much else but practicing and exercising. Life wasn't too shabby. I was sleeping 9 hours a night and watching lots of movies on my laptop while eating fruit roll-ups and sour gummy worms (two obsessions I can never let go of. I'm notoriously an awful consumer of crappy food. I'm working on it). But what was I preparing myself for? A marathon Oreo eating session while watching the America's Next Top Model marathon on Vh1 in between practicing the piano? It wasn't a conscious decision, but I certainly wasn't preparing myself for being Miss Utah and the immense work that that entails.
So here I say it. I'm preparing not only for the hard few years ahead of me as I prepare for graduate school and eventually family and career, but I'm literally physically preparing my body for the intense task of being Miss Utah (and not just how I look in swimsuit).
It is hard work and if I begin living a hectic schedule now, I can prepare my heart, mind, and body (and learn the necessary Yoga skills) to make the stress of Miss Utah all that much easier.
I'll be back before the weekend is out with some more random musings on some recent events. I don't know when it will be, but I can assure you something will be here before Sunday is over with.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Jen! Isn't Jenny great? It sounds like you are totally swamped, good luck preparing with all the Miss Utah stuff, you are going to do so well!
Post a Comment